April Release: v0.6.0


Heads-up: This month we plan to do the release on Tuesday April 30th, and it looks possible it will slip to the next day, May 1st. I’ll update when we know more.

[original thread by Marc Dumais]

please don’t forget to upgrade theia-apps to Node.js 10 after release

also https://github.com/theia-ide/generator-theia-extension/issues/29

ok - thanks for the reminder. I have a PR submitted to use node 10 with latest theia-apps images: https://github.com/theia-ide/theia-apps/pull/172. @vince-fugnitto will submit a PR to update generator-theia-extension. This way we’ll be ready to “push the button” after 0.6.0 is released

Update: the release looks good to happen tomorrow afternoon, “Montreal” time. It will however not be an official release under the Eclipse Foundation, as we had hoped it would be, for the first time. The reason is that it will not be possible for the project to be “license certified” yet, as there is a pending investigation related to Electron and proprietary codecs.

I plan to do the release in ~7h. So there is still time to merge pending PRs and do little fixes.

Can we discuss code freeze today? it was not clear to me about this policy.


@vince-fugnitto has prepared the CHANGELOG for 0.6.0. See PR: https://github.com/theia-ide/theia/pull/5045/files

I am starting the release process as soon as the last merged PR is done with CI - please do not merge anything until done

Ok, all done.

Thanks to all who contributed to this release in any capacity