Context contamination between plugins in a same theia instance

Hi there
Here is my issue:

• I happen to have 2 vscode extensions (theia plugins), both use a shipped inversify (for clarity, I really am using plugin, not theia extension)

• both webpack do ship inversify (we have not flagged it as external and I can see it in my output code)

• yet when I run in theia, the plugin that is activated second is contaminated by the first. I can clearly see it in the logs.
    I am wondering how the vscode-unpacked context works. are they closured ? should I assumed they are not isolated ?
    Thanks in advance for your help

[original thread by Frederic Canteloup]

[Frederic Canteloup]

Hi there, after more investigations it turns out the issue only arise if I use a string serviceIdentifier as opposed to a runtime representation like a class, I am suspecting a bug on inversify side, Have you noticed it too ? Meanwhile, I consider my issue resolved unless you think there is as well a context stickiness issue with Theia. Thanks

Hi Frederic, we have not heard about it. Generally node.js allow to load multiple versions of the same library by different packages. It can break if a library install something on the global object for example, or vscode extensions misusing it somehow. I don’t suspect inversify.js doing it, each DI container is isolated from another and can have different bindings for the same string value.

@fcanteloup does the problem occur as well in VS code?