Create "wizards" with an extension

Hi,

I’d like to be able to create a simple wizard, maybe as a popover modal window, which displays when clicking a widget button.

It would consist of a simple form to gather user input and pass these values to a task after submit.

What would be a starter way to design this? I found the following thread:

I’m not familiar with React (I usually work with Angular) but am willing to learn if “this is the way”

Thanks!

(OK I just realized *-extension-widget.tsx actually is a React Widget! So I guess I’ll have to learn React now :-))

You could have a look at the About dialog for a simple example of how to set up a modal dialog. That’s what got me started at least. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m stuck with forms. The basic React example does not work in a Theia Widget:

Is anyone aware of an existing extension making use of forms?

(I found this guide, I’m currently looking into it: http://www.lib4dev.in/info/TypeFox/theia-workshop/136369021)

Did you get the TypeFox Theia Workshop project to work? The JSON-Form Widget is exactly what I’d need for my own project, but unfortunately the sources are outdated and no longer work with the latest version of Theia.

I’m not at work currently, but I’ll get back to you by the beginning of February.

1 Like

@cradke I have an updated branch to fix the deprecations (language-specific extensions are deprecated):

I have not spent more time updating the example besides getting it to build and run, but hopefully it’ll help you with your own use-case (you’ll likely have to fix styling and so on):

1 Like

Awesome, thank you very much, @vince-fugnitto! I’ll try it out as soon as I find the time.

1 Like