Docker build issues

Hi All,

Is anyone else seeing issues building theia today? This can’t be me, I’ve tried it on different branches that were building fine… I’ve removed packages to see if i’ve messed up or something changed in a depdent package… I just can’t use Theia like this:

 /usr/local/theia/node_modules/.bin/theia build
Failed to resolve module: filenamify
(node:2085) DeprecationWarning: Tapable.apply is deprecated. Call apply on the plugin directly instead
Hash: fc8ee84938b0b564a47c
Version: webpack 4.44.2
Time: 142553ms
Built at: 12/16/2020 1:26:07 PM
 17 assets
Entrypoint main = bundle.js bundle.js.map
  [72] (webpack)/buildin/global.js 472 bytes {0} [built]
 [124] ./node_modules/jsonc-parser/lib/esm/main.js + 4 modules 57.9 KiB {0} [built]
       |    5 modules
 [346] (webpack)/buildin/module.js 497 bytes {0} [built]
 [832] ./node_modules/react-virtualized/dist/es/index.js + 69 modules 344 KiB {0} [built]
       |    70 modules
 [833] ./node_modules/uuid/dist/esm-browser/index.js + 14 modules 19.1 KiB {0} [built]
       |    15 modules
 [834] ./src-gen/frontend/index.js 6.98 KiB {0} [built]
[1052] stream (ignored) 15 bytes {0} [optional] [built]
[1089] ./node_modules/@theia/core/src/common/keyboard/layouts sync ^\.\/.*\.json$ 1.39 KiB {0} [built]
[1241] ./node_modules/moment/locale sync ^\.\/.*$ 3 KiB {0} [optional] [built]
[1308] ./node_modules/vscode-textmate/release sync 160 bytes {0} [built]
[1904] ./node_modules/idb/build/esm/index.js + 1 modules 10.1 KiB {0} [built]
       |    2 modules
    + 1894 hidden modules
WARNING in ./node_modules/vscode-textmate/release/main.js 23:15-27
Critical dependency: the request of a dependency is an expression
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/monaco/lib/browser/textmate/monaco-textmate-service.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/monaco/lib/browser/textmate/index.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/main/browser/plugin-contribution-handler.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/hosted/browser/hosted-plugin.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/vsx-registry/lib/browser/vsx-extensions-model.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/vsx-registry/lib/browser/vsx-registry-frontend-module.js
 @ ./src-gen/frontend/index.js


many warnings

ERROR in ./node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/common/plugin-message-writer.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'vscode-jsonrpc/lib/messageWriter' in '/usr/local/theia/node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/common'
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/common/plugin-message-writer.js 33:22-65
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/main/browser/connection-main.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/main/browser/main-context.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/plugin-ext/lib/hosted/browser/hosted-plugin.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/vsx-registry/lib/browser/vsx-extensions-model.js
 @ ./node_modules/@theia/vsx-registry/lib/browser/vsx-registry-frontend-module.js
 @ ./src-gen/frontend/index.js
Child worker:
     2 assets
    Entrypoint main = worker-ext.1bf264684fef82131a81.js worker-ext.1bf264684fef82131a81.js.map
     [18] (webpack)/buildin/global.js 472 bytes {0} [built]
     [30] ./node_modules/uuid/dist/esm-browser/index.js + 14 modules 19.1 KiB {0} [built]
          |    15 modules
    [138] stream (ignored) 15 bytes {0} [optional] [built]
    [208] (webpack)/buildin/module.js 497 bytes {0} [built]
        + 223 hidden modules
Error: webpack exited with an unexpected code: 2.
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/local/theia/node_modules/@theia/application-manager/lib/application-process.js:67:28)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:286:5)
error Command failed with exit code 1.
"dependencies": {
      "@theia/callhierarchy": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/console": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/core": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/debug": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/editor": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/editor-preview": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/file-search": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/filesystem": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/getting-started": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/git": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/keymaps": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/markers": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/messages": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/metrics": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/mini-browser": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/monaco": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/navigator": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/outline-view": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/output": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/plugin-dev": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/plugin-ext": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/plugin-ext-vscode": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/plugin-metrics": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/preferences": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/preview": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/process": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/scm": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/scm-extra": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/search-in-workspace": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/task": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/terminal": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/timeline": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/typehierarchy": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/userstorage": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/variable-resolver": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/vsx-registry": "^1.8.1",
      "@theia/workspace": "^1.8.1"
    },
    "devDependencies": {
        "@theia/cli": "^1.8.1"
    }

It’s a known issue and has been resolved. Please use yarn resolutions as a workaround.

Brilliant that worked, thanks!

I am glad it worked. By the way, 1.9.0 is out, maybe you can just bump up the Theia versions and can get rid of the yarn resolutions.

Removing the resolutions worked perfectly. Thanks for the help and apologies for my poor searching!