Yes thoses results are fuzzy matches, the « libs/modules/activityLog.php » is an exact match.
This is exactly the issue you mention at and exactly https://github.com/eclipse-theia/theia/issues/5636 too.
In multi-root workspace with many version of the same code base we can easily :
- Open a file.
- Copy relative path of it.
- CTRL + P + paste the relative path.
- Find the same file in the other root (in the other version).
- Make a diff between them for example.
I’m running on 1.12. I cannont update actuality due to dependencies problem remaining to libc not fresh enough. (debian 7), upgrade to debian 11 is planned.
I’m also working in multi-root workspace for many workspaces for two main reason :
- loading many version of the same code base at the same time.
- some folder I working on the same project are not in the same root folder and loading the first common ancestor will load way too much files in the workspace.
In the issue https://github.com/eclipse-theia/theia/issues/6641 look likes the same problem as mine.
multi-root is not well handed.
Taking my previous exemple en open the two files (file1.txt). Once opened, you absolutely can’t tell which one is which in the editor.
- The mouse tooltip over the tab trim the root in the path.
- The « auto reveal » option in explorer did not help in large folder because we can’t see the root in the view. We need to scroll to find the root and this many times occurs to humans errors.
- The Edit > Copy Path and past it somewhere can help but this is not handy mainly because we can not open an editor without save the file (like in sublime text for example).
I can tell you that adding et new root does not appear in the explorer, we are forced to refresh the whole theia page (working in web mode) to view the new root in the explorer. Same thing for removing a root.
If you really need a workspace to work at, I can make you a exemple but I can’t share my current workspace.
Thank you your help and taking time understanding my needs.