Follow Symlinks when searching

Is there a similar setting in Theia for having search follow symlinks ?

@mcg1103 thank you for the discussion, there is no preference in the framework to control following symlinks when searching. I assume you are referring to the following in vscode:

You may file an issue, it should be as easy as including a flag as one of the many options we spawn ripgrep to perform a search.

Hello. I was confused when I asked this question.

The issue i was having is related to ctrl-p search for file by name.
I am looking for a file that is in a directory that is a symbolic link.

The folder is in a .gitignore. I removed it from this .gitignore and still search for file by name did not find any files in my symbolic link folder.

On a side note the search for file by name does not look in .gitignore. I could not find a setting to exclude or include folder like .gitignore in search for file by name.

I did test the search for text IN a file and it is looking in symbolic link directories… I think you just made this change? I am using this as a work around.

THanks,
Mark

On a side note the search for file by name does not look in .gitignore.

In order to search gitignored or excluded files you need to press ctrl+p again (which is described in the placeholder).

I did test the search for text IN a file and it is looking in symbolic link directories… I think you just made this change? I am using this as a work around.

I did not make any change as of yet, I however never tested if symbolic links are supported in the file-search.

Oh. Got it. Thanks. I remember seeing that now that you pointed it out!

-Mark