How do I have more than just one project?

I am using the “theiaide/theia-full” and currently I can only have the “project” folder as a workspace that my volume will remember, meaning that currently I can only have one project in Theia. Is there a way to fix?

[original thread by Samuel Corsi-House]

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Are you attempting to open multiple different folders at once in a given workspace, or are simply asking how to open different projects?

[Samuel Corsi-House]

The ladder.

[Samuel Corsi-House]

It only saves that one folder. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to make folders inside that one for each project.

I’m still not sure I understand correctly but perhaps I can explain the process a bit.
When a workspace is opened (folder), the application stores the state and will restore the same workspace when restarting the application. You can open multiple folders in the history of the application which can then be switched to using the command ‘Open Recent Workspace’. The behavior regarding workspaces should be consistent with VS Code.

[Samuel Corsi-House]

@vince-fugnitto I know. But I run with -v “theia-data:/home/project:cached” and it only saves the project folder. Am I supposed to make my workspaces inside the “project” folder or is it a bug?

@xenfo I don’t see a bug, you need to properly mount what you require to the docker volume so it is accessible in your image. For example: https://spectrum.chat/theia/general/how-do-i-commit-the-users-theia-preferences-to-docker~f0cc4b0e-5d93-443c-9687-03319dde6796?m=MTU4MzUwMzk1MjEyMA==https://spectrum.chat/theia/general/how-do-i-commit-the-users-theia-preferences-to-docker~f0cc4b0e-5d93-443c-9687-03319dde6796 Perhaps @marc-dumais can clarify further.

[Samuel Corsi-House]

@vince-fugnitto I want to know where I save my workspaces because it only saves in that “projects” folder. I don’t know how to explain better.

[Samuel Corsi-House]

@vince-fugnitto I’m gonna reword my question. How do I have more than just the project folder as a workspace?

You can execute the command ‘add folder to workspace’ (you can have many folders part of the same workspace, it is called a multi-root workspace similarly to vscode).

1 Like

[Samuel Corsi-House]

ok