How to add the custom extension “toolbar” to a theia ide created by the package.json file

Hi,as the topic,i add some function to the source code " toolbar" extension located in the package folder cloned from the github.And now ,i want to add it to my theia ide created by the guide with the package.json.
Could u have some guide for this ?

@passion123 thank you for the discussion, I’m not sure I fully understand the use-case, but it seems as though you created a Theia-based application, and on the side also cloned Theia to perform modifications and you want to consume those modifications in your custom Theia-based application?

If so it is not the standard workflow of including new custom extensions, or overriding extensions provided by the framework but you can consume them for the time being locally by referring to the local path in your package.json:

Thx for ur advice.I have tried it and run the “npm install ./extension/toolbar” and the dependencies added a record ““toolbar”: “file:extension/toolbar””.After i run the yarn start,the web ide page appear as a black with an error

Tips: my custom toolbar extension is based on the theia version 1.31 and my theia ide project is version 1.25.
Do u have any advice on it ?

Tips: my custom toolbar extension is based on the theia version 1.31 and my theia ide project is version 1.25.
Do u have any advice on it ?

@passion123 you cannot mix-and-match versions of theia extensions.
You should use 1.25 of @theia/toolbar or upgrade your application.

1 Like

Thx. it works

1 Like