I upgrade to 1.17.0, got many problem

TypeError: Class constructor AbstractViewContribution cannot be invoked without ‘new’.

in my code, I write like this:

class MusicFeatureContribution extends AbstractViewContribution<MusicFeatureWidget>  implements FrontendApplicationContribution {
}

can’t figure out why this error happen.

Setting the “target” to “ES2017” (instead of es5) in the tsconfig.json files fixed it for me.

1 Like

I found that…
but there is another problem.
my top panel disappeared :joy:

That might be a different issue, I’d check the changelog if there are any features you’ve used in the breaking changes.

1 Like

@yuzai you can take a look at the documentation from both the changelog and the migration guide in order to upgrade:

1 Like

Regarding the disappearing top panel, I assume this might be the root cause: https://github.com/eclipse-theia/theia/commit/6f80dc1aaeb51b7dc9ce0472004104959fbcb6b6

1 Like

thanks for you relay.

I figured out.

The top panel disappeared is because of my extension executing cause error. In my extension, I fetch a request, and when I get the response, I change the top panel. But my fetch request is error. :sweat_smile:

The final reason is that my extension’s dependence upgrade a small version, and this version caused error. so I change my dependence from ‘^a.b.c’ to ~ ‘~a.b.c’.

Now, it worked. Upgrade success.

thanks for you relay.

I figured out.

The top panel disappeared is because of my extension executing cause error. In my extension, I fetch a request, and when I get the response, I change the top panel. But my fetch request is error. :sweat_smile:

The final reason is that my extension’s dependence upgrade a small version, and this version caused error. so I change my dependence from ‘^a.b.c’ to ~ ‘~a.b.c’.

Now, it worked. Upgrade success.

my fault

I only checked the changelog, and missed the Migration doc

realy helpful for this remind