[n00b] Running in PCF

I’m stuck at the wait cursor running theia-php in my Pivotal Cloud Foundry PaaS. The ENTRYPOINT argument invokes node, but do I need to add a RUN line to my Dockerfile to bring up the front end with yarn?

[original thread by Chris Smith]

[Chris Smith]

The other nuance on my configuration is that I need to move the port to 80.

[Chris Smith]

My PaaS configuration does not support me routing to 3000.

Have you checked how we run our example docker images: https://github.com/theia-ide/theia-apps/blob/master/theia-docker/Dockerfile#L36

Maybe @marc-dumais can help.

[Chris Smith]

I’ve been looking and running these locally to good effect. My issue stems from my PaaS deployment not privileging me to set up routing other than port 80/443.
So I can write a new Dockerfile and go FROM the existing image, but I need to experiment with ENTRYPOINT and CMD to ensure the front/backend come up cleanly.
Then there is some work on the PaaS end to get it all going, since my environment is just more challenging than Docker proper.

Have you tried to pass –port=80?

There is theia --help to see available cli options

[Chris Smith]

Ah, I had not seen the theia help invocation anywhere. Because of the flexibility of the architecture, the code is. . .a bit daunting for the newcomer. Couldn’t begin to grasp where the entry point was and the option processing occurs. :slight_smile: Thank you.