Open Editors section of Explorer

Is there a plugin to add an “Open Editors” section in the Explorer similar to VS-Code?

@mcg1103 the open editors part of the explorer is implemented directly in VS Code.
If interested in the feature you can either:

• request and potentially implement the feature directly in the Theia framework.
  • create your own custom Theia extension which provides the functionality.
  • create your own custom VS Code plugin which contributes the functionality and consume it in Theia.

As of today (Jan 4, 2022), I see this Open Editors exists is enabled by default.

What I would like to do is to hide this Open Editors, but I couldn’t find how to do it yet.

@rubenanapu like in vscode, users can hide the open editors part and other parts by simply right-clicking and using the context menu to hide/show tree-view parts:

Hi @vince-fugnitto, thanks for your answer.

Yes, I can open it by clicking on it, but I was looking for a settings option, or where to modify the code so that it is hidden by default to everyone who uses the IDE that I’m creating.

It’s because the older versions of the IDE didn’t have this “Open Editors”, and having it now confuses the users.

Thanks anyway for your answer.

I’m still looking at how to achieve this.

@rubenanapu where to modify the code so that it is hidden by default to everyone who uses the IDE that I’m creating.

In a custom extension, you can modify the following code to pass the option initiallyHidden: true:

You may need to execute the command reset workbench layout for the change to take effect as it is part of the stored layout in local-storage.

Ok, I’m trying that.

Thank you very much, @vince-fugnitto.

Well, in the end, I was not able to make this change.

I’m leaving it as is in my implementation since it is taking me too much time.

Thanks anyway.