Remove hyperlink to vscode source control page

Hi team,

We are on theia 1.19.0 and when the use hits Close Workspace from file menu, the following pane shows up.

The hyperlink read our docs takes to https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/sourcecontrol/overview. Is there a way to disable the hyperlink or possibly modify the target of the hyperlink?

Thanks and Regards,
Chid.

1 Like

Hey @chid.crushev,

I believe that this doesn’t really come from Theia itself, but is a viewsWelcome entry of the official git vscode extension. In theory this entry is registered somewhere here, though you might have to dig around a bit on how to correctly override that behavior without affecting other stuff.

1 Like

Thanks @msujew

@msujew , I looked at the above solution and it needs an override. I need to access and set this property for the override implementation. But this property is private and not able to access/set in my overrride implementation. Any thoughts/work around on this?

Regards,
Chid

@chid.crushev You can always access private fields using the string indexing syntax of TypeScript: this["viewsWelcome"]. Though these fields actually shouldn’t be private.

1 Like

Thanks @msujew