Reopen last closed file, copy path, copy name

Is there an existing way or is it possible to request this functionnality:

Re-open a file. Like CTRL+SHIFT+T in a web browser or sublimeText permit to reopen the last closed file and go back in the close file history.

This is very useful! Even more than actualy the « File > copy path » not working, (is there a bug report?) and we cannot just use CTRL+P and re-call the file name.

A file copy name should be useful too!

@Al thank you for the discussion, the feature to reopen closed editor is already being tracked: https://github.com/eclipse-theia/theia/issues/5748.

« File > copy path » not working, (is there a bug report?)

Can you elaborate on what is not working? The command works correctly for me on master (Linux).

Edit > Copy path (in Edit menu now) return it cannot access to the clipboard. Even with Chrome or Firefox on Windows.

It should ask for browser clipboard permission (and do not). And even with permisson manualy actived, it continue to tell that the clipboard is denied.

EDIT : the command “Edit > Copy download link” have no problem to copy the link in the clipboard, it work fine. So I don’t think it’s a clipboard permission problem.

@Al the following issue may provide you with additional information:

Do you mind providing additional details on which application you are testing from, is the examples built from theia sources or a custom theia-based application? If its the latter, is it deployed securely (https)?

Theia is build from source in browser mode, used with chrome over HTTP.

I may try to add SSL to try if this unlock the permission for chrome. The bug has been reported for a quite long time. It seems we have to found a workaround.

I tried with HTTPS and the « copy path » work fine. I can now see that the copy path method return the full path to the file is located.

So now, I want make a new request for a « copy relative path (to the project) » function which is more useful than the actual copy « full » path.

What do you think about that ?

So now, I want make a new request for a « copy relative path (to the project) » function which is more useful than the actual copy « full » path.

It already exists?

Oh nice ! Do you know why it does not appears in the command panel (CTRL+SHIFT+P) ?

@Al like vscode, the command is only available from the context-menu of the explorer when a selection is made.
In vscode, they have the command copy relative path of active file which is not yet implemented.

Ok thanks, I’m not a user of vscode so it most possible I continue to discover some « hidden » feature in the future.

Thank you for your help.
Regards.