Execute the steps in the tutorial
- yo theia-extension hello-world-extension
- let it finish , which will run “yarn prepare” script from root of the workspace
- cd browser-app
- yarn start
- Check for Hello Menu item in localhost:3000 and its there
- Stop the server CTRL-C
- still in browser-app, do “yarn prepare”
- then do “yarn start”
- Go to localhost:3000 and there is no sign of Hello menu item. No errors.
You have to go to the root, run “yarn prepare” from there , and then go back to browser-app to start the server for it to work.
Any attempt to setup up a workflow with watch, just doesn’t work as it breaks the link between extension and browser-app.
What is going on here? Am I using wrong versions of things? Is this known issue?
theia latest as of today
[original thread by Max Hillaert]