Some problems when upgrade to Theia 1.12.0

root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\LocalBurnPlugin.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\node.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\package.json
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\scence.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\src
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\taoFactory.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\taoUnity.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\theia_mock.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\tinylink.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\tsconfig.json
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\unity.theia
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\webpack.config.js
root INFO PluginTheiaDirectoryHandler: accepting plugin with path C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\yarn.lock
root ERROR Failed to load plugin dependencies from 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\.theia' path Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\.theia\package.json'
root INFO [a526fa07-19b6-4637-931f-5f0dffdfbd10][theia.tinylink]: Disconnected.
root INFO Using Git [2.29.2.windows.2] from the PATH. (C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe)
root INFO [a526fa07-19b6-4637-931f-5f0dffdfbd10][theia.taounity]: Disconnected.
root INFO [a526fa07-19b6-4637-931f-5f0dffdfbd10][theia.taofactory]: Disconnected.
root ERROR Failed to load plugin dependencies from 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\package.json' path Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\package.json\package.json'
root INFO [a526fa07-19b6-4637-931f-5f0dffdfbd10][theia.scence]: Disconnected.
root INFO [a526fa07-19b6-4637-931f-5f0dffdfbd10][theia.node]: Disconnected.
root ERROR Failed to load plugin dependencies from 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\src' path Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\src\package.json'
root INFO [a526fa07-19b6-4637-931f-5f0dffdfbd10][theia.localburnplugin]: Disconnected.
root ERROR Failed to load plugin dependencies from 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\tsconfig.json' path Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\tsconfig.json\package.json'
root ERROR Failed to load plugin dependencies from 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\webpack.config.js' path Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\webpack.config.js\package.json'
root ERROR Failed to load plugin dependencies from 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\yarn.lock' path Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\dqb\Desktop\webide_stable\plugins\node\yarn.lock\package.json'`Preformatted text` 

Hello, recently I try to run the theia application, but got such error logs in my console, and here is the plugins folder structure in my application. I’ve never met with such problem in Theia v0.8.0, Now I upgrade it to Theia v1.12.0, Is there anything wrong with my structure?

Even if I got such problem, I can still start the Theia application, but in some cases, It looks strange. For example, if I enter F1 to see the plugins, all the items are compressed together, like follows:

Morever, the color of the font did not change with the Theia color theme, When I choose the Dark theme, the font color is still black. Another error in the console is as follows:
root ERROR Could not transfer 'package.nls.json' file from 'theia_abc' Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'c:\Users\dqb\AppData\Local\Temp\theia-unpacked\unity.theia\package.nls.json'
When I use Theia v0.8.0, Everythings works very well.I wonder if it’s these errors that lead to the problems in the Theia application, or if it’s beacuse I miss some dependencies. Thanks~

@LamYunfu thanks for the discussion, to be fair I’ve never seen a plugins folder organized that way. Generally we have plugins referenced at the first level and not nested like you seem to have.

In addition, what does your application’s package.json look like? Are you using any custom @theia extensions (its possible they are contributing the broken behavior during the upgrade).

{
  "private": true,
  "scripts": {
    "dp": "sh ./jenkins.sh",
    "rebuild:browser": "theia rebuild:browser",
    "rebuild:electron": "theia rebuild:electron",
    "start": " cd browser-app && export THEIA_DEFAULT_PLUGINS=local-dir:../plugins/node && yarn start",
    "build": "bash ./c"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "@babel/preset-env": "^7.5.5",
    "@babel/preset-react": "^7.0.0",
    "@babel/preset-typescript": "^7.3.3",
    "@types/jest": "^24.0.18",
    "babel-jest": "^24.9.0",
    "chai": "^4.2.0",
    "jest": "^24.9.0",
    "lerna": "2.4.0",
    "ts-jest": "^24.0.2"
  },
  "workspaces": [
    "drawboard-extension",
    "udc-extension",
    "browser-app",
    "new_widget",
    "esp32_widget",
    "haas100_widget",
    "wizard-extension"
  ],
  "dependencies": {
    "@theia/callhierarchy": "latest",
    "@theia/file-search": "latest",
    "@theia/git": "latest",
    "@theia/markers": "latest",
    "@theia/messages": "latest",
    "@theia/mini-browser": "latest",
    "@theia/navigator": "latest",
    "@theia/outline-view": "latest",
    "@theia/plugin-ext-vscode": "latest",
    "@theia/preferences": "latest",
    "@theia/preview": "latest",
    "@theia/search-in-workspace": "latest",
    "@theia/terminal": "latest",
    "@types/adm-zip": "^0.4.33",
    "@types/archiver": "^3.0.0",
    "@types/colors": "^1.2.1",
    "@types/jquery": "^3.3.31",
    "@types/js-yaml": "^3.9.1",
    "@types/unzip": "^0.1.1",
    "@types/ws": "^6.0.3",
    "adm-zip": "^0.4.14",
    "alibabacloud-iot-device-sdk": "^1.2.8",
    "antd": "^3.26.11",
    "archiver": "^3.1.1",
    "colors": "latest",
    "graceful-fs": "3.0.12",
    "inversify": "^5.0.1",
    "jquery": "^3.4.1",
    "js-yaml": "^3.9.1",
    "moment-timezone": "^0.5.31",
    "node-filesystem": "^0.0.20",
    "rhea": "^1.0.12",
    "ts-node": "^8.10.2",
    "ws": "^7.1.2",
    "yarn": "^1.21.1"
  }
}

This is my package.json,so if there is any problem with the custom @theia extensions.
Actually as for the “the font color didn’t change with the theia theme” it appears like this:
And if I enter F1 key to see the plugins, it appears like this:

@LamYunfu it is difficult to identify what may cause the errors without the actual sources but you can check the following:

• execute the command reset workbench layout (F1 + reset workbench layout) - this will clean up the state, and potentially fix issues where the application is in an odd state between upgrades.
  • perform a fresh build (git clean -ffdx, rm -rf yarn.lock) - clean up the project, and re-fetch dependencies and upgrade yarn.lock if present.
  • identify if there are any breaking changes you need to update between 0.8.0 and 1.12.0 (https://github.com/eclipse-theia/theia/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#change-log).
  • confirm the behavior without any plugins are present (to narrow down who contributes the odd behavior).

Thanks, I will try