Specific language support in theia

Now if I want to make an IDE that supports a language like SQL then i would not need compile button and other buttons so how to remove those options from the editor. Like remove a button or option and make it customised to a language

[original thread by Arijit265]

@arijit265 which buttons are you trying to remove? Are they contributed from a VS Code extension or a Theia one? If it’s a VS Code extension I don’t think there is any ability to remove items unless modifying these extensions yourself (and releasing them).

[Arijit265]

No wait a minute are there buttons added from vs code extensions too?? Could you explain to me pls like what type of and how??

[Arijit265]

Like is there a compile option by default or not??

[Arijit265]

For example if I only install SQL extension will it not have compile oltion in it??

[Arijit265]

Basically I want to say is tgat if I want to make an IDE specifically for SQL then how to remove the unwanted options like compile and stuff??

@vince-fugnitto probably one can remove them by mutating VS Code extension metadata on load in Theia extensions

[Arijit265]

@anton-kosyakov so if I install sql then no compile options or stuff right?

[Arijit265]

So what features are there by default in the editor and do they cause any problems in developing other languages