How can I go about supporting multiple workspaces for the same user on different browsers/tabs on the same backend service ?
The current implementation mimics the following scenario:
- Two Browsers (B1 and B2) have the same workspace open (W1).
- Browser B2 loads up a new workspace W2.
- Refreshing Browser B1 loads the workspace W2 instead of retaining workspace W1.
I would like the browser B1 to retain workspace W1 after refreshing it.
Is this already implemented or needs customization to incorporate this behavior ?
@ameyalokre sorry for the late reply, sometimes issues fall under the cracks.
As far as I know the feature should already be supported, I confirmed it works for this use-case (which you can also confirm):
- start the application, and open a workspace in a browser tab
- from the application, perform
open folder... - it should open a new tab with the new workspace
- reloading either of the tabs will not replace their workspace
I believe if the url is preserved (which points to the workspace) the reloading of the tab should not replace the content with a different workspace.
Hello @vince-fugnitto, thanks for your reply.
Can access two different workspaces in two different tabs on theia’s browser example.