Theia Developer Conference, June, 2019 (Ericsson, Stockholm)

We are planning to have a conference about the Eclipse Theia project in June. The conference is targeting Theia extenders, contributors and developers. More details will follow.

This channel is meant to be used for coordination and discussion.

[original thread by Sven Efftinge]

Any news on this?

I don’t know. @andfrom?

[Andreas From]

@tsmaeder @svenefftinge We said we should have a regularly ocurring meeting for planning the content and format of the dev con. I had the action point to create that. I will set it up later this evening. Sorry for the delay.

[Andreas From]

Also, the dates proposed earlier won’t hold. Mid-May more reasonable at this point.

[Andreas From]

It gives time to properly prepare and plan for it.

[Dave Neary]

Hi @andfrom - mid May is a busy event period (I have Red Hat Summit and KubeCon Europe), and I will also be unavailable for part of the month for personal reasons. So if it’s in May, I will likely not be able to attend. Red Hatters will be there, but I don’t know (yet) who - the 2 events I mentioned are big for Red Hat and Eclipse Che

[Dave Neary]

If I understand correctly, the April dates are now off the table - it would be great to sync up again to identify new candidate dates.

[Andreas From]

Hi @dneary,

Yes, they are. :frowning:

We would appreciate suggestions of dates or rather when the DevCon can not be held due to other events. We are thinking based on the comment on RH events that early June would be good.

Also, I would like to know who wants to participate in the planning. For the regularly occuring planning meetings, we would need to have a fixed time slot with some periodicity (say once a week to start with). Would Thursdays at 16-17 CET work?

Cheers,
Andreas

[Dave Neary]

@andfrom The biggest event to avoid is KubeCon Europe, May 20-23. Red Hat Summit is May 7-10, and while that doesn’t exclude the week completely, it would seriously impact our participation in TheiaCon, since all of the people I would want to send to the Theia event are already committed there. I think the first week in June works from my perspective.

[Andreas From]

@dneary Thanks! I’ll double-check internally with Christopher Price for that week and maybe the following week as well.

@svenefftinge How would any of these weeks fit your schedules?

Both weeks look good from our side.

[Christofer Janstål]

Thursday the 6th of June is a holiday in Sweden

[Andreas From]

@christoferjanstal @dneary @svenefftinge @tsmaeder Provisional dates for the DevCon are June 3-5.

[Jean Roussel Personna]

@svenefftinge If possible, it would be good to update the title of the conversation to reflect the new target date of June instead of April 9-11. Thanks!

[Dave Neary]

@andfrom That’s Monday to Wednesday, correct?

[Andreas From]

@dneary Correct. We’ll have to adjust to the National Day. (Otherwise I would have preferred Tuesday to Thursday which would have given the opportunity to stay before or after for whatever reason(s).)

[Andreas From]

@dneary @svenefftinge @tsmaeder @jpersonna @marc-dumais @christoferjanstal I see that noone actually responded on the proposal for a weekly sync meeting time for the planning of the DevCon. “Would Thursdays at 16-17 CET work?” I figure that it will be too late for trying to get people to call in already today, so if there’s no objection by tomorrow on Thursdays, I’ll send out a call for a recurring meeting tomorrow starting next Thursday (March 21) for 16-17 CET.

@andfrom ok for me

[Dave Neary]

That’s a standing conflict for me ATM,unfortunately - weekly team meeting. It will work when Europe moves to Daylight Savings Time (unless that’s stopping this year - I heard Europe voted to end it).