Theia extension error

whenever add new extension to theia …that extension not work so what are all the steps to follow after added the new extension?

[original thread by Madasamy]

@madasamy do you mind providing additional information regarding the issue you are experiencing?
What have you attempted?

[Madasamy]

@vince-fugnitto Sure.

[Madasamy]

Assume that you have already one extension running on your theia

[Madasamy]

If you want to add another extension …add using “yo theia-extension new theia-extension”

[Madasamy]

while adding extension overwrite every conflict file

[Madasamy]

So after running theia extension

[Madasamy]

[Madasamy]

extension has not showing in theia

If you want to include new extensions to your application they must be declared in your package.json as a dependency and the app must be rebuilt. In the screenshot you provided, I assume you are running the example browser app that is generated from the yo theia-extension generator?

[Madasamy]

I have added in package.json files, package.json in parent folder and package.json file in browser-app

[Madasamy]

I need to know exact steps to follow after adding new extension?

If you want to add new extensions to your application they must be declared as dependencies in your package.json. In this example, you’d add them in the dependencies section of the package.json of the browser-app. After, you must rebuild the browser-app and restart the application.

If you are still experiencing issues, I can take a look at your application if it is in a public repository.

[Madasamy]

I have resolved the issues

[Madasamy]

@vince-fugnitto Thanks

[Madasamy]

whenever …you try to make a extension using theia generator

[Madasamy]

generator will ask for overwrite some files

[Madasamy]

and if we are given …“yes” to every prompt

[Madasamy]

that’s were i din’t read carefully