Uncaught Error: There is no document for breakpointinput:vs.editor.ICodeEditor%3A4

Hi,

I am facing now an issue mentioned in a ticket below, when using the vscode.git and the vscode.git-ui plugins/extensions.

errors.ts:26 Uncaught Error: There is no document for breakpointinput:vs.editor.ICodeEditor%3A4

Error: There is no document for breakpointinput:vs.editor.ICodeEditor%3A4
    at LinkProviderAdapter.provideLinks (c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\plugin\languages\link-provider.js:31:35)
    at c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\plugin\languages.js:287:97
    at LanguagesExtImpl.withAdapter (c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\plugin\languages.js:118:20)
    at LanguagesExtImpl.$provideDocumentLinks (c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\plugin\languages.js:287:21)
    at RPCProtocolImpl.doInvokeHandler (c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\common\rpc-protocol.js:232:23)
    at RPCProtocolImpl.invokeHandler (c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\common\rpc-protocol.js:217:41)
    at RPCProtocolImpl.receiveRequest (c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\common\rpc-protocol.js:181:33)
    at RPCProtocolImpl.receiveOneMessage (c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\common\rpc-protocol.js:145:26)
    at c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\plugin-ext\lib\common\rpc-protocol.js:69:48
    at c:\proj\node_modules\@theia\core\lib\common\event.js:103:69
    at http://<MY_URL>/vendors-node_modules_theia_markers_lib_browser_index_js-node_modules_theia_monaco_lib_browser-34ab92.js:29647:27

GitHub issue:

Any updated on this issue?

@safi thank you for the discussion, but there is already an issue tracking the bug, I don’t think we need to open a discussion about it.

Just I thought it is now more annoing since it is related to the use of the vscode git plugin (which is now is used a more default plugin) and not the GitLens as in the original ticket.
But yes I agree no need for a new discussion.

Just I thought it is now more annoing since it is related to the use of the vscode git plugin

I don’t think it’s necessarily related to the vscode.git plugin as it is reproducible in our examples without it. I do not believe it affects any functionality, it is more likely related to how we create monaco editors (which aren’t really standard editors) such as the debug console and it gets a bit lost. The issue mentions multiple ways that it can be reproduced, gitlens being one example, so I think it’s fine to keep the discussion there.